Zoya Caitlin

I truly am in love with Zoya. No other brand lasts as long for me as Zoya does and I can easily get a week of wear without damage. I would recommend this nail polish to anyone!

I bought Zoya Caitlin during a promo they had a few weeks ago which offered Caitlin and Dove as two freebies with any purchase. This is my first full mani with Caitlin and I'm in love. It went on very smooth (like all Zoya's I've tried so far) and was actually pretty opaque in one coat. I did use two just to cover the little spots that I missed. I then topped my nails off with Seche Vite which is one of my absolute must haves! (Ignore my broken nails in the pictures below.)



The color is actually a little difficult to describe. Zoya calls Caitlin a "Smoky purple-tinged medium gray with smooth, opaque creme finish. Sultry, mysterious and impossibly chic, a shade that will have everyone intrigued." The purple shows more in artifical light than natural for me. The picture above was taken indoors with only lamp light and you can see much more of the purple side of this beautiful color. Below is a picture taken in natural light by a window.



The color definitely gets attention. I made a trip to the grocery store and in a matter of five minutes I had two compliments from perfect strangers. It's not a color you see everywhere and it's quite intriguing as the description says. It's a perfect fall/winter color but can we worn year round for a nice break from the bright colors of summer. It's also perfect to wear to work even in the most conservative environments. It's considered a cool toned color but from the talk I've seen online it seems to work for a wide variety of skin tones. I think it would be a great alternative for people who like the dark color nail trends but aren't comfortable going for black or deeper grays.

I haven't been able to stop looking at my nails since I applied it and actually want to try some stamping with this color as well. All in all it's a beautiful color that I think I will return to frequently. It's a great addition to my growing collection!