MASH plate stamping with Zoya Caitlin and Dove!

I just stamped for the first time and I'm so excited! I've been wearing Zoya Caitlin since this past Friday and it's easily become a favorite for me. I mentioned in my swatch post that I really wanted to stamp with her and decided to give it a try today. I used the MASH image plate set that I bought on Amazon and talked about here. These are not Konads but many of the plates are duplicates so you can get the look of Konad without the price. They have great ratings on Amazon and so far I'm very happy with them!

For my first attempt at stamping I used MASH plate m57 which is a dupe of Konad's plate m57. The comparison pictures are below.


   
                                         MASH m57                                      Konad m57

Pretty close huh? I decided to go with the fishnet image on the bottom left. I used Zoya Caitlin as a base (with a layer of Seche Vite topcoat) and Zoya Dove to stamp. I also used the Konad stamp and scraper and a few q-tips to clean up the edges.



I'm actually really happy with out it came out. This picture was taken inside with lamp light. You can see a clear mistake I made on my ring finger where it smudged a bit but I'm okay with it. I think for my first time stamping it came out pretty good. It has definitely made me fall in love with stamping and I can't wait to try out other designs! It's pretty cloudy today so getting a picture in sunlight is impossible but here's a shot in as natural light as I could get with New England weather this week.



I'm actually surprised with how little polish this actually uses. I knew that with the stamping method it's actually a very thin layer of nail polish that is stamped on but still it seems to be a very minimal amount used even with full nail designs on all ten nails. Clean up is pretty easy too. I used q-tips dipped in nail polish remover to keep the plate from having too much buildup and to clean the stamp and scraper. I did the entire thing on some paper towel and this is the end result.


Not too bad in my opinion. The thing that surprised me the most was how easy and quick it was! I only completely re-did one nail and that was my first one. I didn't time myself (I probably should have) but it didn't take long at all. It's really as simple as brush some polish on the image, scrape off the excess, press the stamp down on the image to pick up the pattern, line up the edge of image with the side of your nail and roll across the width of your nail. TADA! You have instant nail art without any training, tiny brushes or artistic talent. I can't wait to play with my whole set of 25 plates and see what designs I can whip up.

Nail stamping, I'm you're newest addict!